Message from the Head of School
|Welcome to the Woodlynde School website. If you are reading this page, chances are your child or the child of someone you know learns differently. The good news is that you have come to the right place for information on how to ensure that child is successful–in the classroom, in college, in career, and in life.|
Located in Chester County for over 35 years, Woodlynde School has been the Philadelphia region's leading co-ed college prep school for students in grades K-12 who learn differently from their peers. While many may have a diagnosed "learning disability," at Woodlynde, we don't see our students as disabled. Quite the contrary. Our intelligent and talented students are as "able" as any other student to excel in the classroom. They simply need the opportunity and guidance to develop clear understandings of their learning differences, acquire the learning strategies they can use to be successful, and evolve into confident young adults and self-advocates who are ready to embrace the lives they were meant to lead.
Woodlynde students have language- or math-based learning differences (such as dyslexia, dysgraphia, or dyscalculia), Executive Function Disorder, ADD/ADHD, Auditory Processing Disorder, or they may simply need a small classroom environment in order to be successful. Typically, 100 percent of Woodlynde graduates move on to the colleges of their choice.
Our students enjoy the following benefits of a Woodlynde education:
- Expert and caring teachers, learning specialists, and counselors who collaborate across disciplines and divisions to shape each student's educational path
- Nurturing small classroom environment that enables teachers to deeply understand each student's learning needs, supports student achievement, and fosters peer-to-peer friendships that will last a lifetime
- Comprehensive education program of multi-sensory, evidence-based teaching methods; differentiated instruction; metacognition strategies; and innovative assistive technology
- Challenging college-prep curriculum, senior college courses, and a dedicated college guidance program
- Whole-child focus that encourages participation in the arts and athletics, leadership and volunteer programs, and our active L.E.A.D. student life program
- Student- and parent-centric support through our renowned Literacy Institute with its expertise in Wilson Reading (Woodlynde is one of only 8 Wilson® Training Partner Schools in the country) as well as its comprehensive array of workshops, lectures, and regional and national speakers that provide information and guidance to families of students who learn differently
Whether your student is just beginning their formal schooling or is struggling at their current elementary, middle, or high school, Woodlynde is prepared to meet their learning needs, and our students are prepared to welcome them to their educational home.
Over $1 million in need-based scholarships is awarded every year.
Learn more about Woodlynde School by browsing this site, by attending one of our Open Houses at which you will meet parents, educators, and students and tour the school, or by scheduling a private visit with our Admissions Office. When you visit our campus, you will see our mission of creating a learning environment marked by both challenge and support fully realized. You will see our students completely immersed in their own learning and teachers who know them well and genuinely care about them as students and as people. You will see "great minds" learning differently and succeeding.
Thank you for your interest in Woodlynde School.
Dr. Christopher Fulco
Head of School
|Accredited by the Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS), which is a member in good standing of the National Association of Independent Schools' Commission on Accreditation (NAIS). Woodlynde is an active member of the Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools (ADVIS). |