Woodlynde School is a WILSON® Accredited Partner.
Wilson Language Training® provides research-based reading and spelling programs for all ages. As a multisensory structured literacy program, the Wilson Reading System® directly and systematically teaches students the structure of our language to become independent, confident readers. Based on the Orton-Gillingham principles and current research on phonological coding, this program provides both the foundations of reading and the foundations of writing:
• Phonemic awareness
• Decoding as part of word study
• High frequency words
• Spelling and proofreading
• Fluency and oral expression
• Morphology: the study of word elements (prefixes, suffixes, Latin base elements)
• Comprehension (constructing a cohesive mental model for text)
Just Words® Virtual Launch Workshop – February 26, 2021
Continue your professional development in literacy education. Through this workshop, led virtually over Zoom by The Literacy Institute at Woodlynde School’s Director Penny Moldofsky, you will be given the guidance and practice needed to begin teaching Wilson Just Words® effectively.
Wilson Just Words® is a highly explicit, multisensory decoding and spelling program for students in grades 4 -12 and adults who do not require intensive intervention but need explicit decoding and spelling instruction due to word-level deficits.
Some of the topics included in this workshop:
• Understanding word structure
• Student identification and placement
• Program structure and implementation
• Hitting the ground running - an in-depth view of a unit and practice teaching of selected parts
• Measuring student progress
• Exploring resources in Wilson Academy® Intervention Community
• Just Words InterActivities, an interactive whiteboard application
• 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. over Zoom (4 instructional hours)
*The workshop is now full. Please add your name to our waitlist below to be informed of spots as they become available.