Woodlynde School is a WILSON® Accredited Partner.
Wilson Language Training® provides research-based reading and spelling programs for all ages. As a multisensory structured literacy program, the Wilson Reading System® directly and systematically teaches students the structure of our language to become independent, confident readers. Based on the Orton-Gillingham principles and current research on phonological coding, this program provides both the foundations of reading and the foundations of writing:
• Phonemic awareness
• Decoding as part of word study
• High frequency words
• Spelling and proofreading
• Fluency and oral expression
• Morphology: the study of word elements (prefixes, suffixes, Latin base elements)
• Comprehension (constructing a cohesive mental model for text)
Wilson Reading System® (WRS) Introductory Course (3 days)
This virtual course provides participants with an overview of the Wilson Reading System® using the newest materials of the 4th Edition. It is a prerequisite for WRS Level I Certification Training.
- Dyslexia and its impact on reading skills and cognitive processes
- Identifying students with a language-based learning disability
- Key components of WRS instruction
- Response to intervention and individualized pacing
- Principles of instruction
- Lesson components of a ten-part WRS lesson plan
- Preparing and practicing the ten-part WRS lesson
Cost: $650Dates: Tuesday, August 11 - Thursday, August 13, 2020 (8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.) over Zoom Registration is required.
The WRS Introductory Set, 4th
Edition, can be purchased directly from Wilson Language Training® at www.wilsonlanguage.com
and is not included in the cost of the course.
Virtual WRS Introductory Course Information