Athletics is a cornerstone of the Woodlynde School experience. With 17 sports teams, athletics at Woodlynde is an essential component to the school's commitment to student personal growth. Participation in athletics has a positive impact on a student's academics, social growth, emotional development, and healthy lifestyle.
Whether a student is an avid athlete or new to team sports, Woodlynde develops its student-athletes in a safe and positive environment. Commitment and participation are the foundations upon which greater athletic prowess and personal success are achieved.
What does participation in Woodlynde athletics provide? It provides far more than sports; it provides life-skills that will follow students long after they graduate from Woodlynde, including:
- Commitment- to a cause and to teammates
- Responsibility- to oneself and one's team
- Inquisitiveness- to learn something new or how to do something better
- Organization- to be on time and on task
- Resilience- to get back up and try again
- Camaraderie- some of the best and longest lasting friendships are built through participation in Athletics
- Success- in not just a team win, but also in one's personal best
- Self-confidence- through all of the above